Saturday, May 18, 2013

As my notes say, "Weird!"

At a tasting (for work), I got the pleasure of trying a Sauvignon Blanc that I didn't hate.

In this one's case, it's a very well priced (about $12) wine.
Tangent Sauvignon Blanc from Edna Valley, California. When I tasted it, I thought it was earthy but I couldn't identify anything else about it. I just thought it was weird, in the  good way, of course!
And I liked that. I like that a lot about this wine. It's balanced, got some citrus flavors going on, but otherwise thus far one of the better Sauv blancs I've tasted. Most tend to be way too grassy, or too citrus-y, but this one is not!
I do not have a picture of this one, but it's easily found! Tangent offers a wide variety of wines, so I'll definitely be trying others when I can.

If anyone cares about other people's opinions (besides mine, of course) Wine Enthusiast rates it with a 91. I concur, but in trying to be consistent, here's mine:  7.5/10

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment