Monday, May 20, 2013

Sweet tooth?

It's hot, summer is mostly here, and drinking red wine after a long day at work just isn't going to cut it.  Hot summer sun calls for some refreshing white wine.

The first I'd like to introduce, is a surprise. A surprise because when I tasted it, I thought it was a moscato, it tasted pretty much like a moscato, and the name...Roscato. I'm sure you can imagine why I made that assumption.
Anyway, Roscato Bianco Dolce (Sweet White) from Italy, is a blend of Chardonnay and Moscato. This was a pleasant surprise, being spritzy, fun, and sweet. I don't even want to describe it, just go taste it if you like sweeter wines!


Be Peachy White Peach Belini
This stuff smells like peaches and tastes like... peaches! Its very light, sweet, and fragrant. No deep complexity, it's just delicious. (If you like peaches, that is)

Now, something that always bothers me about wine reviews is when there's a list of all the smells and flavors someone who has been rating wines for years and years and years has picked out about the wine in question...
The average drinker doesn't smell or taste the same as an expert, so when I say the previous wine tastes and smells like peaches, I seriously mean that it both tastes and smells just like peaches. Nothing more.
I don't currently have a picture, but if I get a chance, I'll snap one and update.

Next up, Mia Dolcea Moscato D'Asti from Italy.
I really liked this Moscato. I tasted honey on my first sip, and I really wanted to buy a bottle right away. Honey, nutty, light and bubbly, definitely an easy crowd pleaser. It doesn't linger in your mouth too long, and maybe that's a strike against it, but that depends on who you're talking to. Either way, it's really yummy.


~K




No comments:

Post a Comment